Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

billmelater

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

billmelater

I've been wanting to try billmelater, but i little curious how it would impact my credit score. I currently have 711 EQ and im wondering, if I try billmelater would it decrease my credit score? if so how many points do you think it could go down?

thanks

Message Edited by gr2gztch on 04-21-2009 09:52 AM
Message Edited by gr2gztch on 04-21-2009 09:59 AM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: Question about hard pulling cr

@Anonymous wrote:

I've been wanting to try billmelater, but i little curious how it would impact my credit score. I currently have 711 EQ and im wondering, if I try billmelater would it decrease my credit score? if so how many points do you think it could go down?

thanks

They do a hard pull to open the account. Can anyone know for sure if they won't pull hard for each purchase? I would avoid.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I won't be doing this mcuh at this time its a one time purchase. I am trying to get a car, so I am concerned if this will decrease my credit score a lot.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

so I applied and got approved with this, but today I received a score watch alert. my credit score dropped 16 points, because of the hard pull for the account. How long will this affect my credit score?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The inquiry will count against scoring for 1 year.
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't used my Billmelater account in a few years due to the fact they pulled a hard inq every time I used it.  Their resoning is I only used it once every 2-4 month so they wanted to make sure my credit was still ok.
Message Edited by JR2475 on 04-22-2009 12:10 PM
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just recently went through billmelater to get a Apple computer a year ago and Im trying to get rid of this account only because their APR rates are WAY higher then my credit card but as much as I want to get rid of this account...I need it to age as well so it looks good on my credit file! Imo, I would not use them again only in my case because if the higher APR percentage...
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: billmelater

Wow...16 points for one inquiry is a lot!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

im kinda thinking that may something else was reported, but the score alert didnt inform me. 16 points seems a little bit extreme for a hard pull. Justin33 from what I've read they do not report anything to the cra, so keeping the card wouldnt make a difference.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.