Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

breathing again

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

breathing again

Hello everyone. I've been following the boards for a few weeks now. I've read tons of success stories and thought "wow, I wish I could do that". I'm so happy for those I've read about!

I've been thinking about giving SW a try for over a week but a couple of things stopped me. Primarily the fear of seeing a number that I knew would probably have me heaving over a toilet and considering giving up on the dreams that keep me going day by day.

The second reason is also fear related. I'm terrified of using my credit cards. I realize that this allows my cc to control me and I don't like that. I want control of them.

I finally worked up the nerve and signed up for the trial SW. My score is 676 and I was so relieved!!! I know I have 3 collections from prior to bankruptcy that will be coming off by the end of May and the other 2 off by the end of November. I'm thinking about GW letters to those scheduled to drop in November.

I do have 1 judgement on there that actually resulted from STBXH (soon to be ex hubby) from his refusal to pay one of his hospital bills. I'm considering writing on that one and I don't have a lot of hope that it will be dropped, but it definitely won't be dropped if I don't try.

Anyway, thanks to all of you who have given me knowledge and encouragement, even though you didn't know you did Smiley Happy

This place is a fantastic support system!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: breathing again

Great work- 

Credit is not scary- you are right YOU have to control credit - not let credit control you-
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.