Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

build credit-for the first time

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

build credit-for the first time

Hello Everyone,

How can i help build my husband credit, if he never had a credit card and he also has a two negative marks in his credit report( from cell phones). However they are a few years old.

please help... i want to help him.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: build credit-for the first time

Evening Lizzy!  I myself am really new here also, but some great tips were put in my thread which is pretty similar to your husbands situationand might be helpful to you:

I have no doubt people will be able to help you and your husband, keep your head up!
Message 2 of 6
cobra19
Valued Contributor

What do you mean by "two negative marks"? Are they charge-off's? What are his FICO scores? How old are the two negative items? How large are the two cell phone balances? 

I would see if I could PFD the two cell phone bills. Then, if I was trying to establish a history, I might try applying with a local CU. I would also think a BoA secured card would be very helpful.

New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for replying to my thread. My husband's negative marks are 5 years old, his fico score is 561 and the entire balance is $ 886.00 dollars.

Can you please tell me what is a CU?   also what do you mean by PFD?

Thanks in advance.
Message 4 of 6
dangphuocloc72
Frequent Contributor

Smiley Happy I don't know can I help you or not . but I want to say some thing :
first thing deputes CRAs not mine . wait for 35 day . I am sure they will remove out of hhis CR . then call the company he owe money .( don't pay colection company ) # phone on his CR . ( ask them how much can you pay ? and make sure they not report to CRAs again . everything in letter . )
after everything  ok you can add him in your CC by AU or he can go apply secured CC . good luck to you .

I am not sure am I right or not , Some one esle's can help you too .
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi lizzy, welcome to the forum. There's a wealth of information here for you to read, and many knowledgeable people here to help get your credit health better.

We have a language of our own. In the "Understanding FICO scoring, is a glossary of common abbreviations:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&thread.id=1325

CR = Credit Report
CA = Collection Agency
PFD = Pay for Delete

With a total absence of credit history, I'd suggest finding a CU(credit union), joining it and taking out a small loan...paying on it religiously each time every time, and apply for a cc. It's a common way, and imo the best way to get credit established and a cc.

Look at the black menu bar at top of page. On the right hand side is "Get a Credit Card"
Explore that, and choose "POOR" in the Fico score box.

When was the last time he pulled a credit reoprt? Can you give us details on the "negative marks"? We need more detailed information in order to the best course of action to take.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.