cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bummer :(. I tried being smart and ended up losing!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

bummer :(. I tried being smart and ended up losing!

I had a collection from Discover. It was of a very small amount. I called them by phone and explained my situation. They decided to delete it altogether from my report.

Also, I had an account with another credit card(CR). It stated that "closed by credit grantor". I sent them an inquiry informing that it should state closed by consumer request. Rather they decided to delete it altogether.

Is there any way to have this good records reinstated in my credit reports. I mean what should I do if I want to have the 2nd account reinstated. Also can I have the 1st account reinstated as being good in my credit report.

I think having these in the report will improve the score.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: bummer :(. I tried being smart and ended up losing!

Just call them and ask them to report it correctly instead of deleting it....
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't understand why you want your Discover account reinstated. Its a collections account so its a negative item on your report. Now, if you want them to show as positive or "Paid as agreed" then that probably wont happen.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well Discover was reporting Charge off account for a long time. It was a small debt. I called them up and explained . The customer support representative was kind enough to reverse the charges and put it back to zero.

It was reporting as such in credit reports.

However (as I am dumb), I sent a generic DV to discover in the same time. They decided to delete the record all together.

I am wondering if it will be possible to have reported as being as positive or "Paid as agreed".

Of course I do not want the negative on record. Just curious if positive can be put in there.

I noticed that my Tranunion score before the delete of Discover and HSBC was 614. And after delete, came at 599.
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

you took a hit for age...
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

what do you mean?
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Average age of accounts.

Total months accounts on CR divided by Number of accounts reported.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.