Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ca monitoring credit reports

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

ca monitoring credit reports

While looking at my inq on my cr's, i noticed that a wolf, something and something (can't remember the entire name) did a few soft inquiries on me for the past year now( i think 2-3), i then saw that they did a hard inq, which is counting against me in jan 08.  then, i just recently started getting phone calls from them.  they've all gone to voice mail, but they are pre-recorded messages. i have yet to get anything in the mail from them.  i have no idea what this can be concerning.  anyways, i disputed the inq with tu, using the suzy orman form, and i got a letter telling me that to do an inq, they don't need my consent.  i don't understand why i'm being penalized (credit score wise) for something, when i haven't any applied for anything. i thought that was the point of inq, so other creditors can view what type of credit you've applied for recently. also, do ca's periodically monitor your cr to determine if you're cleaning up your credit, and then decide to come out of hiding? has anyone else had any experience with this? 
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.