Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ca reage?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

ca reage?

A CA is reporting a DOLP of 2 yrs after the DOLP of the OC.  I have never made payment to them.  Is this an attemt to reage?

Should I DV the CA cmrrr?  If no response in 30 days do I then notify the CRB for removal?

I'm new to this and this site has been a great help.  The plethora of knowledge is great.  TIA
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ca reage?

Message 2 of 7
bint-bilady
Regular Contributor

I have had a similar situation with CA in a medical bill that was originally reported on 05/2005 and they renewed it again on 02/2008 and it was showing up twice on my Equifax report ( old and new date).. I called CA to find out the reason but they said they have nothing to do with that  and  might be an error from CRA side since I have disputed it around the same time. I faxed the CRA a simple letter asking for removal of the duplicated account, I never received a response but in about 2 weeks I received a new copy of my CR and both of the collection reports are GONE....

My advice is to call CA first and find out, and if it nothing they did you might be lucky and get it completely removed from your CR if you send a letter to CRA 

Good luck and keep us updated

Starting Score: 502
Current Score: 502
Goal Score: 640

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the link sidewinder.  Smiley Wink So therefore it looks like they have and I can sue them persuant to the law cited?  I recall reading a thread that had a letter stating such, but can't find it.   

From what I gather the fall off date and the dolp/dola should be the same for the co and ca?  Thanks again for your help.  I am trying to straighten my credit to hopefully buy a house.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bint, glad to hear it worked out for you.  I am hesitant on calling the ca as the SOL is about up.

BTW what do you mean if it is nothing?

Message Edited by Boggled1 on 03-20-2008 09:05 PM
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

re-aging has to do with the DOFD. not DOLA.

Illegal "reaging" of a charged-off debt occurs when a TL (Tradeline) on your credit report (CR) is reporting a newer than your actual "FCRA Compliance Date".

FCRA compliance date goes by DOFD.

Message Edited by sidewinder on 03-20-2008 09:37 PM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Boggled1 wrote:

From what I gather the fall off date and the dolp/dola should be the same for the co and ca?  Thanks again for your help.  I am trying to straighten my credit to hopefully buy a house.

Yes dates should match up on DOFD. Status Date, Open Date, etc may not match up.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.