Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ca responses

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

ca responses

I've read through some of the success stories, and read through some of the current threads, but I still have a few questions.  I have a couple of ca, that suddenly popped up on my CR within a month time frame, after 6 months of cleaning up my credit report, and bringing up my score.  1 of these accounts was a direct tv account that i asked for my service to be suspended (since directv changed their policy for current customers, that changed from free installation when you move, to a $200 fee when you move, and they take $10 off your account for 2 years, i said no, i'd prefer free), anyways, was told that it could remain suspended indefinently, and apparently, not, they took it out of suspension, and charged me for the equipment (i was told when i signed up that i owned the equipment), and the other for a t-mobile account, progressive insurance, and comcast.  well, i sent letters multiple times to the oc asking for pfd, with no response.  emailed the companies several times, and sent requests through planetfeedback multiple times.  i even sent an email to directv to the president that was provided here, with no feedback, except for comcast.  comcast sent me a letter, promising to delete from the cra.  well, i finally called each one, and asked for it to be deleted, and asked for a letter.  all except comcast, told me they couldn't send letters, and they could give confirmation numbers. 

I really didn't see any other option.  well, i received letters this week, from them stating they received my letters, and see that i have paid the accounts in full, but that they can't delete correct information from cr, and that they will notify the ca that the accounts have been paid, and my accounts will be updated.   i read a few threads on here that said to pay the oc, and dispute the ca via cra, and since you didn't pay the ca, that they couldn't validate, and would have to remove entry from cr.  my question here is, am i the only one who hasn't had any luck?  or what are my other options?  i see everyone keeps saying, only do pfd, but the companies aren't required to accept pfd.  so, what do you do when they don't respond or don't accept them?  am i the only one who hasn't had any luck?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ca responses

Who is reporting????   IF you paid the OC without a PFD and they are reporting it isn't easy.

If only the CA is reporting    wait for them to update to paid & then send them a letter  like a DV  but different.

I see on my CR that you are reporting that I paid you for some debt. I did not pay this debt. As proof of payment please send me a copy of the cancelled check with your name as payee.
 I will expect an answer with proof within 30 days or complete deletion from my CR.

Just type your name         this goes CMRRR
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.