Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can I get inquiries deleted?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

can I get inquiries deleted?

Called Comcast for cable service and was asked for my ssn. They told me it was just for there records and they weren't going to run my credit. I specifically asked this. 2 days later it's on my credit. Last Christmas I tried for a cap 1 card. Got rejected on let's say about November 25th. On my credit there are inquiries from the 25,26,27th. Why would I try 3 days in a row. It a mistake on there part. So my question is can inquiries be deleted. Ty.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
DeadlyPersona
Frequent Contributor

Re: can I get inquiries deleted?

You can dispute inquires online with the credit bureaus.  There is a process and that information is provided on each of the credit bureau websites.

Message 2 of 7
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Credit bureau contact information. I hope it helps.

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/articles/credit-reporting-agency-contacts.aspx

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 7
mimi_k
Established Member

Recently had an apartment complex pull my Experian report twice. Called the complex & their records only showed one pull.  Called Experian & CSR removed the dup inquiry.  Thankful it was an easy process.

Starting Score (Walmart FICO): 526
Current Scores (myFICO): Equifax 611 Experian 601 Transunion 618
Goal Score: 640

Message 4 of 7
Creditwiser
Valued Contributor

I had comcast HP my credit as well last March.  I never spoke with them and I pay the bill every month on time.  I disputed sevral times and EQ simply keeps saying that I need to contact the creditor.  I sent a letter to Comcast in September stating theyre in violation of the Fair Credit Act and have not heard from them and its still reporting.

NFCU Visa 30k | NFCU Platinum 30k | Cap1 QS 12K | Cap1 QS 11.5K | Barclay MC 9k | Delta Gold Amex 30K | Discover IT 14K | CFNA FS 3200 | CareCredit 20k| Paypal Credit 5k |
Message 5 of 7
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
On my credit there are inquiries from the 25,26,27th. Why would I try 3 days in a row. It a mistake on there part.

All with the same CRA?  If it was a mistake you need to start with the creditor.

@Anonymous wrote:
So my question is can inquiries be deleted.

They can be deleted under certain cicumstances.  Comcast had permissible purpose.  Not sure about CO without additional details.

Message 6 of 7
MovinOnUp2014
Frequent Contributor

@jettech wrote:

I had comcast HP my credit as well last March.  I never spoke with them and I pay the bill every month on time.  I disputed sevral times and EQ simply keeps saying that I need to contact the creditor.  I sent a letter to Comcast in September stating theyre in violation of the Fair Credit Act and have not heard from them and its still reporting.

Same thing happened to me with the same outcome....but with a different company who HP'd my CR's 3 x's,,,,,(Very frustrating for me because of the "permissible purposes" clause they can hide behind)

Discover I.T. (11k) - U.S. Bank Platinum (9k) - NASA (30k) - Venture (22K) - AMEX Delta Skymiles Gold (6k) -AMEX PRG (AU) plus a few CU CC's and Store Cards = 130k (roughly)
*Post 2010 llB*
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.