Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can a CA report after a pymt is made

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: can a CA report after a pymt is made

No you do not need to send a DV.......Read what I said in my first post.  The letter is telling the CA that you did NOT pay them.  You do not say anything about paying the hosp.

Because everything on your CR must be 100% accurate......send a letter to the CA    not a DV  but same idea.        this is NOT a DV

This is the letter:  send it to the CA  CMRRR  and do not sign it  just type your name.

I pulled my CR and noticed that you claim that I paid you for a debt. I do not believe that I ever owed you a debt nor did I every pay you.

Please send me proof that I paid you in the means of:
A copy of the cancelled check with my signiture and showing you (CA name) as payee.

If you find that you made a mistake please delete from my CR with in 15 days. I would prefer not to have my attorney lidigate in a court of law.
Message 11 of 19
momof2
Frequent Contributor

happy days, thanks i will  send that letter off tomarrow, also can i make it say that they have 10 days from reciept of this letter to have it deleted from my credit report, instead of 15 days?   the sooner the better

were any violations made b/c they reported an account that was paid before they got the account? can i sue them anyways, this has really hit my CS considering the amount of money it was $1294.00, it has only been a few years so i know this account still has to be hurting my CS, right?
thank you soo very much for your help.
desirae
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

FICO2/10=6012/10-FACO TU 578;3/10=643
Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

momof2 wrote:
happy days, thanks i will  send that letter off tomarrow, also can i make it say that they have 10 days from reciept of this letter to have it deleted from my credit report, instead of 15 days?   the sooner the better

were any violations made b/c they reported an account that was paid before they got the account? can i sue them anyways, this has really hit my CS considering the amount of money it was $1294.00, it has only been a few years so i know this account still has to be hurting my CS, right?
thank you soo very much for your help.
desirae

Yes you can give them 10 days.  The violations would come in because of the dates. Usually it isn't worth filing a lawsuit. You need a good paper trail and would need to prove damages. IF this goes onand on  YES I would think of filing.

Message 13 of 19
momof2
Frequent Contributor

happydays------ i wont sue them now, unless they really mess up, but any chance you would know that the violation is called, i guess the code or sections is what i need to add into that letter, to let them know i am NOT messing around and this must come off.

thanks you have been most helpful.
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays wrote:
No you do not need to send a DV.......Read what I said in my first post.  The letter is telling the CA that you did NOT pay them.  You do not say anything about paying the hosp.

Because everything on your CR must be 100% accurate......send a letter to the CA    not a DV  but same idea.        this is NOT a DV

This is the letter:  send it to the CA  CMRRR  and do not sign it  just type your name.

I pulled my CR and noticed that you claim that I paid you for a debt. I do not believe that I ever owed you a debt nor did I every pay you.

Please send me proof that I paid you in the means of:
A copy of the cancelled check with my signiture and showing you (CA name) as payee.

If you find that you made a mistake please delete from my CR with in 15 days. I would prefer not to have my attorney lidigate in a court of law.

I'm sure it's just a typo ... should be "litigate" ...
Message 15 of 19
momof2
Frequent Contributor

I got copies of everything from my car accident today in the mail, the check WAS made to the OC NOT the CA, but i was wrong on the date, check was made out on 1/7/04. i thought all was settled in aug 04

ANyways can the CA still have this on my CR eventhough pymt was made to OC?

Do i still need to send the letter that happydays told me to send, or am i goofed and stuck just trying to send the CA a GW letter to get this deleted from my CR's?
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

Message 16 of 19
momof2
Frequent Contributor

I called the OC today to ask them when this account was created(date of service) when it was sent to the CA, well date of service was 4/4/03 it was sent to the CA on 8/29/03, so because my CR says  date opened 9/2003 and reported since 4/2003, this isnt correct because the CA didnt get the account untill august so how can they have it reported since 4/2003?

What should i do if the Ca doesnt delete after they recieve the letter that happy days said to send them?

If they dont reply to me or delete the account what is my next step?

Should i call the CRA's and tell them that the dates are wrong that the CA didnt get the account till 8/2003 so that it cant be a collection until 8/2003 and not 4/2003?

Message Edited by momof2 on 04-08-2008 12:50 PM
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

Message 17 of 19
scramblingin2007
Established Contributor

Momof2, just trust happydays, she knows what she's talking about! I used a letter similar to that. The ca will not have records of you paying them so they will have to delete.
Message 18 of 19
momof2
Frequent Contributor

but what do i do if they dont have it deleted?
FICO2/10=EQ= 564

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.