Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can a ca put late payments on your credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

can a ca put late payments on your credit report

i had a sears acct turned over to lnlv last year, after they contacted me with a settlement offer, i paid them. i didnt know about pfd. last night when i looked at a copy of my experian report, i noticed that their entry reads as follows       date opened-jan 2007,  dola sept 2007, account type -unknown-credit extension ,review,or collection, credit type installment(sears lists the account as revolving credit card) then in the next column 30 days late-0 times, 60 days late-0 times, 90 days late-7 times,mar, apr,may,june,july,aug,sept 2007. i didnt even know of this company before july when i made my first of two equal payments. can they do this?  sears also has an entry for this same account with 3 30 day lates, 1 60 day late and 6 90 day lates. this one account is putting a total of 17 lates on my report in the last year.  before i noticed this entry i had already gw sears and the ca to have the tl deleated. after gw sears on one of my credit reports it now lists the account as under dispute although i havent disputed it yet. since i have paid the account and it is already listed as in dispute what do i do, i dont even know what sears is using as the reason for my dispute since i didnt originate it. also sears is still listing the full amount as overdue instead of listing balance as 0. this is hurting my utilization quite a bit. please help if you can i really need the encouragement.   

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: can a ca put late payments on your credit report

Sounds like a dispute is in order-

Report it accuate or not at all- 
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.