cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can ai dv a collection that is more than 30 days old?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

can ai dv a collection that is more than 30 days old?

Can I dv a collection that is more than 30 days old?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: can ai dv a collection that is more than 30 days old?

Of course
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

sure you can
Message 3 of 5
Boswd
Valued Contributor

you can DV them anytime but don't request  it over the phone.   Send a letter, you will have a much better chance of getting them to DV it.   But I do believe, someone correct if I'm wrong, that since it is passed the 30 days they are no longer liable to DV but most will if you send them a letter.  
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

loloswims wrote:
Can I dv a collection that is more than 30 days old?

You can, and you may. Now, whether it will change anything is another matter.

I suspect if the CA has adequate validation, they will gleefully send it to you. If not, then they may ignore you. However, don't misconstrue no response for "the debt ain't yours".

If you're ever written them before, and they still have the letter, that would be a rather potent argument your DV isn't timely. If you ever spoke to them on the phone, and they recorded it, that too would weigh heavily against you.

I'm given to understand that Texas state law has a debt validation provision which is similar to that which is in FDCPA, only it has no 30 day limit. In Texas, you can DV a CA outside of the 30 day FDCPA window, and state law provides that the CA must comply.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.