cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can i get credit card removed if i never used it?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

can i get credit card removed if i never used it?

i applied for infamous premier and they gave me a 300 cl and 178 in charges.  i closed same day.  do you think i can get this removed and if so--how?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: can i get credit card removed if i never used it?

I have 2 that I closed before activating - and they show 'closed account' -- which I think helps as things age.  If  it doesn't - then I too will try for removal
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

i closed it immediately and never used it.  it shows up as closed but looks like it was maxed out with all their charges.  bummer.  they preapprove you and then send some insulting limit by mail.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The cards closed will continue to age. But drop the avg age now. However they should not be reporting a balance in closed status. That is a very bad thing. You will need to contact them to delete the card or at least report it as $0 balance. Other wise it will work against your UTL and look bad to lenders. But it being closed with $0 bal is perfectly fine. Smiley Happy If anything in 4 or 5 years it will help keep up your average age until it falls off in 10 years.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.