Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can u file another TRANSUNION dispute after the one is just recently completed

tag
mousefai
New Contributor

can u file another TRANSUNION dispute after the one is just recently completed

hi peopl

i have just had a completed investigation of my dispute from transunion. however, i wanetd to file another dispute now. it seem like they wont let u file another dispute even your old one is completed. any folks had the same experiences?

right now, i can only view my updated report. however, there is no dispute button under each item from the credit report (there used to be a dispute button before)

let me know

HSBC PREMIER WORLD MASTERCARD- 12000 LIMITS, PENFED- 2500 LIMITS, DISCOVER IT- 10000 LIMITS, CHASE FREEDOM- 3500 LIMITS, USAA MASTERCARD- 6500 LIMITS, CHASE SAPPHIRE- 7000 LIMITS, AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY- 8000 LIMITS, US BANKS VISA PLATINUM- 5000 LIMITS, BARCLAY REWARD- 1500 LIMITS, WELLS FARGO VISA SIGNATURE- 5000 LIMITS, NORSTORM VISA- 5000 LIMITS, SUNTRUST- 1500 LIMITS

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
mousefai
New Contributor

btw, i heard people said there is another link which gave...

btw, i heard people said there is another link which gave u the access of filing dispute directly. it is different from the https://dispute.transunion.com/dp/dispute/landingPage.jsp.

any folks had that link they can share?

HSBC PREMIER WORLD MASTERCARD- 12000 LIMITS, PENFED- 2500 LIMITS, DISCOVER IT- 10000 LIMITS, CHASE FREEDOM- 3500 LIMITS, USAA MASTERCARD- 6500 LIMITS, CHASE SAPPHIRE- 7000 LIMITS, AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY- 8000 LIMITS, US BANKS VISA PLATINUM- 5000 LIMITS, BARCLAY REWARD- 1500 LIMITS, WELLS FARGO VISA SIGNATURE- 5000 LIMITS, NORSTORM VISA- 5000 LIMITS, SUNTRUST- 1500 LIMITS

Message 2 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: btw, i heard people said there is another link which gave...

You may file another but it cannot be online if they have already verified the status.  Complete the form with additional documentation and submit by mail.  If you wish to submit your complaint to the CFPB you may online.  However, you must have documentation for them to proceed. 

Message 3 of 9
mousefai
New Contributor

no, the previous dispute and the dispute I am doing now is totally different things.

But the points is that, I cant even go to the dispute sites now.

Message 4 of 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@mousefai wrote:

no, the previous dispute and the dispute I am doing now is totally different things.

But the points is that, I cant even go to the dispute sites now.

You will gave to submit your request in writing. 

Message 5 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: can u file another TRANSUNION dispute after the one is just recently completed

The FCRA permits either the CRA, if a dispute is filed through then, or a furnisher, if a direct dispute is sent directly to them, to dismiss any dispute that id based on substantailly the same information as that of a prior dispute as being "frivolous or irrlevant."  

One set of facts, one requirement to investigate, and there is no appeal procedure under either dispute process.

You must provide new information that was not previously submitted in support of a new dispute.

That also applies to direct disputes filed after a prior dispute via a CRA.

If there has been a clear violation of the dispute process, one can file a complaint with the CFPB.

Otherwise, remedy is by way of civil action.

Message 6 of 9
Kratos-TM
Frequent Contributor

Re: can u file another TRANSUNION dispute after the one is just recently completed

Thank God I don't have an account reporting problem This "disputing" process does not feel consumer friendly at all. In fact, when I read the comments on here, everyone makes it sound scary as if people are gonna get in serious trouble if they are proven wrong by the dispute.

Myfico scores.....
EX... 805 (11-10-13)
EQ... 810 (12-02-13)
TU... 810 (12-02-13)
Message 7 of 9
AAstra
Regular Contributor

I successfully disputed two separate items with both TU and EX. For TU, I did have to make several phone calls to get them to investigate since they said the CA needed to do this. With EX, I simply disputed both through the EX website. I would suggest having your CR in hand and make a call to TU...provide the account number and tell them you want to dispute the item. Again, I had two separate items disputed by them at the same time...I'm not sure if this is rare but I got it done. Good luck!

Cheers!

FICO - TU: 815 | EQ: 793 | EX: 813

Sears MasterCard: $13k (1/2013)
Capital One Venture One Visa Signature: $10k (7/2015)
Amex BCE: $9.8k (3/2014)
Amex Corporate: NPSL
Chase Freedom Visa Signature: $9.5k (3/2014)
Discover it: $9.5k (3/2014)
Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards: $2.65k (6/2013)
Message 8 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

TU was feeding you a line .......

Yes, after receipt of a dispute, the CRA must forward a copy to the furnisher of the disputed information, and yes, the furnisher is required to conduct a reasonable investigation and respond back to the CRA within the CRA's statutory reinvestigation period (normally 30 days).

The CRA is then required to send a formal Notice of Results of Reinvestigation within 5 business days after expiration of their reinvestigation period.

The dispute is decided by the CRA, based on what the consumer has provided and any response they receive back from the furnisher.

Lack of response from a furnisher is not basis for extending their reinvestigation period.  They must still conclude their reinvestigation and mail the results to the consumer within the prescribed statutory period....... 30 days to conclude their reinvestigation, and five busniness days therafter to mail thier Notice of Results.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.