Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cap1 help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: cap1 help

Wow, finally a board with some truly nice people.  Thanks for all the encouragement and I will keep you all updated.  Meanwhile, I've got a lot of reading to do. Smiley Very Happy
Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

hello, I am new to this website.  I just purchased my FICO Score and after reading it find I have too many credit cards, some of which have been closed for years.  Do I delete these credit cards from my credit reports so my score will go higer?
Message 12 of 17
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Welcome Violet. Feel free to start a new thread with all the details, so that the incredibly intelligent people on this forum can assist you. GL.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response.  Unfortunately being so new to this type of forum I have no idea how to post a new thread.  How do I get other respones.  Thanks.
Message 14 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hi, violet, copy/ paste is your friend! Copy your post (the one several posts up), and then click "General Credit Issues" up at the top. When you get back to that main page again, you will see a button up toward the left that says "New Message." Click on that and paste your original message in the large white text box. Then click in the box that says "Message subject" and entire a subject/ title. It's helpful to put something specific here, rather than "newbie here" or something. You might use something like Should I delete closed credit cards?

Alternatively, you can skip the copy/ paste and just click the "New Message" button and go on from there. Don't do like me and type in a subject and hit "enter." That will result in a lovely, but empty white post. I can't tell you how many of these I've created and then deleted. Smiley Tongue After you type in your subject, just move your cursor down to the message body. (I think tab will work too, not sure.)
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 15 of 17
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Venusd11, have you had any luck yet? DW has the same issue with a CO for CapOne. It's amazing how a few bucks can turn into a lot on $$$, with late fees and over-the-limit fees added on top of that. We are staring down SOL now and are waiting it out before taking any action. I think just paying them off may be our best course of action. They keep rejecting our PFDs.
Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 things - #1 - I recenty settled an acct with Cap1 - B-careful- they reported it as recently paid but still derogatory with a balance, not legally settled for less than full balance, am still fighting that one!!!

#2 - my son fell back on his cc acct with Cap 1- we called and got on a hardship program, got some late and over-the-limit charges credited, made a lump payment and now have a payment due by March of $150 to get the balance back under his limit. Did receive a letter from them stating this agreement so maybe you could work something like this out with them. This was before it was in the "charged-off" state, I don't know if you have reached that point yet, I hope so, it is so much easier to fix!! Good Luck!!Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.