Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one removes lates, then puts them back

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

capital one removes lates, then puts them back

I don't understand capital one--I mean, it's pretty obvious they want their customers
to have as low a score possible so they can charge the highest rates, but I don't get how they think they can step so low as to remove lates for several months and then add them back.

Has anyone has this experience with them or another creditor? I disputed the lates, they removed them, and then months later they came back.

WTF?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: capital one removes lates, then puts them back

I am having this problem with a Mortgage co. that is causing some major havoc on my credit scores.  Every time I dispute they take it off but then later they add yet another month one even shows up for April of 2005 this is two years later.  I had to once again fax over my bank statements to all three agencies.  What is even stranger is this is a joint account with my spouse and his report is clean as a whistle.  I finally reported it to the FTC so we will see what happens.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

well it's disheartening to hear that creditors may report negative info after reporting positive before. Really sucks. Fortunately I've only had this problem with Capital one. Everyone else seems fine. And so far the capital one stuff is only showing up on one agency--Equifax. They have reported to Experian as well this month but no lates are showing up there.

It's really weird like this--A while ago they were reporting lates to Transunion but not the other two. Really really weird.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

have you tried a GW letter?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have that problem right now with a previous mtg. company who were only reporting lates back to 04 and 03 now they are reporting lates as far back as 02 and i don't know if this is hurting my scores or not.  Can I dispute or ask for reage even though account is closed?  WHy do they have to report 3 years of payment history?  I thought the last 2 years would be sufficient?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.