Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

car lease late

tag
blameitonrio
Established Member

car lease late

Hi all!  In looking at my reports, I noticed that there is a 30 day late on my auto lease payment from July 2007.   The lease just ended and we turned that car back in and got a new lease on another Toyota.  This is my 5th lease with Toyota and when I was on the phone with someone from Toyota Financial while we were figuring out our end of lease options, she kept going on  and on about how valued of a customer, etc we are.   Anybody think the chances might be decent that since I'm such a valued customer, I might be able to sweet talk them into removing that late?  Phone or mail?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: car lease late

Try sending them a GW letter. They might possibly remove it.
Message 2 of 6
blameitonrio
Established Member

Great, thank you for the response!
Message 3 of 6
cobra19
Valued Contributor

I also have a lease with Toyota - they're the best !!!

If you only have 1 late, I would think they'd be willing to help. They are usually very accommodating.  And they do want your continued business.
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 4 of 6
blameitonrio
Established Member

Thank you cobra, I am going to call over the lunch hour!  I will keep you posted!  Thanks!
Message 5 of 6
blameitonrio
Established Member

Re: car lease late--update

Encouraging news!!  I talked with a customer svc rep over lunch who was very friendly and quite helpful who was able to look all the info up for me and confirmed that the account was on automatic recurring payment and that the payment was just not taken out by Toyota on the day it was supposed to be.  DH noticed 2 d later and made an epay, but it still got a 30 day late.  Anway, she conceded that it looked like a 'problem with Toyota's system', and gave me the address of their dispute department and essentially helped me craft my letter.  I typed it up over lunch, making sure to mention that this is now my 5th lease with them and I would hate for this event to preclude me from making a 6th lease but that it will if this isn't taken care of.  It's off in the mail now, we'll see what happens!!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.