Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cct

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

cct

How accurate is credit check total, my scores read 652,650,625, I know alot of places use different models just figured I'd check here after alliant said my tu is 589. Also if i cancel my trial soon could I do another trial of this later ? Thanks

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: cct

The model that CCT uses is FICO 8 Classic. CCT accurately renders that model. 

But FICO makes many other models too.  Every 3-6 years (roughly) FICO releases a new family of models.  There was FICO 98 in 1998, FICO 04 in 2004, FICO 8 in 2008, etc.  The naming convention then changed and they just add 1 to the previous family #: FICO 9 was released a few years ago.

Within each family there are always a few different flavors of it: the Classic (more generic version), the BankCard Enhanced version, the Auto Enhanced version.

The scoring models used by the mortgage industry are FICO 04 (for EQ and TU) and FICO 98 (for EX).  That has to do with the monopoly that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have on the industry.  Those are very old models and at some point the industry will switch to more current models, but when that would be is unclear.

And yes, you can cancel the $1 trial at CCT and then do it again later (e.g. the next month).

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How accurate is credit check total, my scores read 652,650,625, I know alot of places use different models just figured I'd check here after alliant said my tu is 589. Also if i cancel my trial soon could I do another trial of this later ? Thanks

You can do CCT trials as often as you'd like.  When you cancel a trial, you get another "free" pull (for the same original dollar spent) any time from day 7 to day 10.  After Day 10, you can do another $1 trial any time you'd like, which of course comes with three new FICO 08 scores and fresh 3B reports.

The scores you receive from CCT are 100% accurate, updated FICO 08 scores. 

Message 3 of 17
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can do CCT trials as often as you'd like.  When you cancel a trial, you get another "free" pull (for the same original dollar spent) any time from day 7 to day 10.  After Day 10, you can do another $1 trial any time you'd like, which of course comes with three new FICO 08 scores and fresh 3B reports.

This might be changing. They closed my account with CCT and Experian. When I called to ask why the lady was very abrupt and told me I was getting a service I wasn’t paying for by cancelling it all the time. She said I could join again if I like but that option would no longer be available since Experian has a new plan out. Funny thing is now my EQF won’t update with them or Credit Karma. Not sure what is up with them. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 4 of 17
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

In my opinion Experian's other consumer product is much better - creditscore.com. You get a 1 month trial for $4.95, which gives you one time 3 CRA Fico score, and daily updates for EX Fico. After you cancel before the month is up you get free membership for EX Fico score every two weeks, and daily alerts for inquires & new accounts. Much better than the credit.com I was using for once a month EX Vantage & some other non-Fico score.

I use BoA, Walmart & Discover for free monthly TU Fico scores, and Penfed for quarterly EQ "Nextgen" score which gives me an ideal of where my EQ Fico score is, and supplement creditscore.com with Discover's Scorecard.com for monthly EX Fico. EQ Fico remains the elusive freebie, except for the Lenny app for iPhone users and I believe Citi, both of which I don't have and don't want. 

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MyLoFICO wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This might be changing. They closed my account with CCT and Experian. When I called to ask why the lady was very abrupt and told me I was getting a service I wasn’t paying for by cancelling it all the time. She said I could join again if I like but that option would no longer be available since Experian has a new plan out. Funny thing is now my EQF won’t update with them or Credit Karma. Not sure what is up with them. 

I'd love to hear an update on this from folks here who regularly do the $1 CCT trial followed by a cancellation.  E.g. Brutal Body Shots.

I am not terribly surprised that CCT might be making this decision (if indeed they are).  I have always gently suggested to folks that using the $1 CCT trick quarterly might be better than doing it all the time, since such frequent use could only hasten the day when CCT closed the loophole for everyone.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaveInAZ wrote:

I use... Penfed for quarterly EQ "Nextgen" score which gives me an ideal of where my EQ Fico score is.... EQ Fico remains the elusive freebie, except for the Lenny app for iPhone users and I believe Citi, both of which I don't have and don't want

There are some nice Citi products out there.  If you don't have a 2% cashback suitable for all purchases the DoubleCash is a nice option.

The NextGen is likely to be very different for most people (from the FICO 8 Classic) than the Citi-supplied FICO 8 BE.

But yeah, like you I use free options for all my scores.  I make an exception once over couple years when I join myFICO Ultimate for a week just to get all my FICO flavors (including now FICO 9).

Message 7 of 17
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

In the spirit of transparency their site was glitched and letting me get all 3 scores everyday for free. Lasted for about 35 days. I don't get any scores now. lol

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 8 of 17
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DaveInAZ wrote:

I use... Penfed for quarterly EQ "Nextgen" score which gives me an ideal of where my EQ Fico score is.... EQ Fico remains the elusive freebie, except for the Lenny app for iPhone users and I believe Citi, both of which I don't have and don't want

There are some nice Citi products out there.  If you don't have a 2% cashback suitable for all purchases the DoubleCash is a nice option.

The NextGen is likely to be very different for most people (from the FICO 8 Classic) than the Citi-supplied FICO 8 BE.

But yeah, like you I use free options for all my scores.  I make an exception once over couple years when I join myFICO Ultimate for a week just to get all my FICO flavors (including now FICO 9).

Thanks for the suggestion. I do have the Penfed Powercash Rewards card which gives 2% cashback for all purchases with an Access checking account. But also Citi was a major creditor in my 2010 BK7, so when I say I don't want a Citi product, I'm sure the feeling is mutual.

In my May 2017 app for Ppowercash Penfed gave me an EX Nextgen score of 689, very close to my EX Fico 08 score 685 at that time. But I do realize that over time Nextgen will vary from Fico 08 based on factors - new inquiries.accounts, etc. Yes, I buy MyFico scores when something major is happening, like in April when I got TU & EQ to early exclude all my accounts included in BK (EX kept one until Sept.). But most of the time when nothing is happening - no new inquires/accounts or major change in utilization - the freebies are good enough.

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'd love to hear an update on this from folks here who regularly do the $1 CCT trial followed by a cancellation.  E.g. Brutal Body Shots.

I am not terribly surprised that CCT might be making this decision (if indeed they are).  I have always gently suggested to folks that using the $1 CCT trick quarterly might be better than doing it all the time, since such frequent use could only hasten the day when CCT closed the loophole for everyone.

I too fear that things are a-changin' at CCT and would not be surprised if the $1 trials go away relatively soon.  I actually called Experian today because I've been getting a ton of "Your Password Change Request" emails from CCT.  I've never tried changing my PW.  Any time I cancel a trial membership I usually get 10-15 of these emails (13 this past time) over the course of the 4 days following my cancellation.  It's just annoying.  I spoke to CS about this today and they looked into it for me.  He did say, "I see you've done a lot of the trials and cancellations..." and I of course agreed.  He did not indicate that it was a bad thing or that I shouldn't be doing it.  He did say that he could see on my account that I called and complained about the same issue back in April, which is about when it started happening as far as I can recall.  He said that he's seen this problem happen sometimes with "older" accounts.  Mine is probably a little over a year old now, which I guess constitutes "older" in their book.  He said that they're moving to a newer platform through the Experian site and suggested in the future that I may want to visit Experian.com for my membership.  From his suggestion, you'd be lead to believe that through Experian.com you'd be able to find $1 trials as well, but of course there are not.  I saw the standard 3B reports/scores for $39.95 yadda yadda.  He did say he would "re-cancel my membership" (that I just cancelled 2 days ago, successfully) and that hopefully that would result in the emails stopping and he said he changed a setting which should help me not get non-essential emails from CCT.  We'll see what happens.  I am curious to see though if the $1 CCT trials go away in the upcoming weeks/months.  There's definitely a feel in the air that this could be the case.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.