Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charge offs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

charge offs

is it legal or fair for a credit charge co to keep charging interest AFTER they have charge off the balance?  Also,  can they report payments as currently being late even AFTER the charge off?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: charge offs

Yes and Yes

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK, I've also got a question about charge-offs...apologies if this has been covered elsewhere in the various Forums...

I have an auto loan listed on my credit report as a "paid charge-off."

In 2003, my car was reposessed. However, as soon as that happened, I begged and borrowed from loved ones and I DID repay the auto loan directly to the creditor's collections department and in full. I got the car back the next day and a couple weeks later I received a letter from from the original loan creditor stating my account was paid in full, along with the title to the car. I do rightfully acknowledge my failure to repay the car loan on time (and am willing to take an appropriate dent to the credit), but if the original creditor acknowledges receiving payment in full (on their company letterhead), can I assume that the debt was never really charged off? Am I in denial to think I could dispute this with the creditor and with the credit agencies as a "Paid" account (albeit with the negative payment history listed)?

Thanks for any help!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would most certainly dispute with the CRA's especially if you have proof it is paid in full and that you have the title to the car.  I would fax over the paperwork to them or I would call the creditor first and ask why is it showing charged off when it is paid in full and if they could remove it.

Eve
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks! —Phoenix
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.