Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charged off wont be deleted from my record, changed to Paid in Full

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

charged off wont be deleted from my record, changed to Paid in Full

i called my CA today after paying off one of my major "charged off" cards. the final payment was made last month. I called them to see if they would take the record off of my CR and they said that it would be changed from "charged off" to "paid in full" and that they wont take it off of the record.

if its changed to paid in full i know it will still appear negatively on my credit. if i wait a while and send a GW letter, might they consider taking the record off?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: charged off wont be deleted from my record, changed to Paid in Full

start sending the gw letters NOW and dont take NO for an answer NO is not a option if they dont respond keep sending them letters until its gone dont get impatient and NEVER GIVE UP speak from the heart  remember they are people too hopefully your letter is read by someone who is having a good day or is in the holiday spirit but NEVER take NO for an answer
Message 2 of 3
cobra19
Valued Contributor

Re: charged off wont be deleted from my record, changed to Paid in Full

ez........the moral of the story is NEVER.......NEEEEEEEVER offer to pay a CA without them first agreeing, IN WRITING, to a PFD.

Yes, I would starting GW-ing right now and not give up until they delete this paid account. Eventually, one of your GW letters will find it's way into the hands of a sympathetic CSR. Or.......and this that worked before........goggle the CA and get the email address of the president and/or credit manager and anyone else you can locate - someone up the food chain and plead your case with them.  
New York Yankees - 2009 World Series Champions. 27... and counting.....
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.