cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chargeoff and balance increases question...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

chargeoff and balance increases question...

I have a Capital One account that should be deleted from the CR around 3/09. They have marked the account charged off years ago, but they are still reporting a balance increase every month to the CR. Can they do this? I thought that once something was charged off that they can no longer add interest to the account. Can they do this?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: chargeoff and balance increases question...

goingnowhere wrote:
I have a Capital One account that should be deleted from the CR around 3/09. They have marked the account charged off years ago, but they are still reporting a balance increase every month to the CR. Can they do this? I thought that once something was charged off that they can no longer add interest to the account. Can they do this?

They can continue well into the future. Or you might get lucky, like my DW just did. Her CO with CapOne was at $760 and they added around $15-$20 per month in interest including adding a CO late listing each month. Just in the past couple days, CapOne reversed course and marked her balance to $0 on EX and EQ. Her EQ went up 56 and EX up 6. And they removed the lates. Not too shabby. We never paid, and our PFDs (several) went unanswered. It is nearly 5 yrs old.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: chargeoff and balance increases question...

Yes- they can add fees and interest per the orginal agreement until they sell the debt.

goingnowhere wrote:

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.