Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

checkcredittotal phased out? **false alarm, see #11

tag
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: checkcredittotal phased out?

@Kidcat wrote:

Yes for real monthly memberships.  That's why they're not offering the 50% deal when you cancel, according to her.

Edited to add:  if they do that than people will stay with Myfico because the 90 day 3b report here includes all of the scores, not just fico8

@Kidcat wrote:

Yes for real monthly memberships.  That's why they're not offering the 50% deal when you cancel, according to her.

Edited to add:  if they do that than people will stay with Myfico because the 90 day 3b report here includes all of the scores, not just fico8

@Anonymous kid, I am not sure anyone at ex has a clue as to what is really what.  jump onto jetblue and talk to a csr and you will see what I mean lol.   all I know is that a super @ cct/ex said my 4 accounts were dead, I hung up, I logged into each, changed the cc to a unique card # and was able to $1 trial each of them within each account.   I think they are trained to push people into the ex product line and that cct is for the low hanging fruit

Message 11 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I still maintain that CCT needs to offer more, not less, with their real monthly memberships.  There's very little incentive for anyone to not simply use the $1 trials, other than to not have the hassle of cancelling it, which is a 3 minute process.  To me, it's worth 3 minutes to save $30/mo... AND get my scores 2 times as you get two pulls per buck.  If CCT were smart they'd move the $1 trial to a $5 trial... or at least a $3 trial... or make it so that you can only do X number of trial memberships over Y period of time.

Message 12 of 30
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous, my cct account will not process another $1 trial.  know of 4 other accounts in the same boat.  talked with a super @ ex and she said they are doing away with cct and selling products off the ex site.  this took place when I was in tlv last week so I thought it was some sort of internet, card issue being over there.  can anyone verify this?  sorry if this has been already posted.  thx

I just now logged into CCT and got the "Congratulations, you are eligible for another $1 trial," so don't know what's happening on your end. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 13 of 30
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't know how many $1 trials the OP has done, but I'm probably at about 40 or so.  I did hear a few months back that CCT was being phased out and that another Experian product was going to be taking over. 

I may not have done as many trials as BBS, but I know it's atleast half Smiley Very Happy

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 14 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I've lost count.  It also appears that CCT only keeps your reports archived for 6 months, unless someone can see back farther than 6 months and I can't?  I wanted to go back and count how many $1 trials I've done, but since I can't see past 6 months I really don't know. 

Message 15 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I still maintain that CCT needs to offer more, not less, with their real monthly memberships.  There's very little incentive for anyone to not simply use the $1 trials, other than to not have the hassle of cancelling it, which is a 3 minute process.  To me, it's worth 3 minutes to save $30/mo... AND get my scores 2 times as you get two pulls per buck.  If CCT were smart they'd move the $1 trial to a $5 trial... or at least a $3 trial... or make it so that you can only do X number of trial memberships over Y period of time.

That 3 minute process just recently took me 4 days and a few hours over the course of said 4 days to cancel.  And because I couldnt get anywhere with them in that 4 days they charged me.

On the 4th day I REFUSED to let them transfer me and I made sure someone helped me.  I felt bad for her but no way man.  Still didnt receive ANY follow up whatsoever, so they can take that service and bye Felicia. 

I did however get that charge reversed too...

Message 16 of 30
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That 3 minute process just recently took me 4 days and a few hours over the course of said 4 days to cancel.  And because I couldnt get anywhere with them in that 4 days they charged me.

On the 4th day I REFUSED to let them transfer me and I made sure someone helped me.  I felt bad for her but no way man.  Still didnt receive ANY follow up whatsoever, so they can take that service and bye Felicia. 

I did however get that charge reversed too...

When you can't reach someone, email your cancellation to help@creditchecktotal.com. I did this twice because both times CCT was closed. Within 24-48 hours, I received a cancellation confirmation email cancelling my membership as of the date of my email. Easy as pie.

Message 17 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I've probably cancelled 40 times and never had such an issue.  What was the problem and/or what was holding you back from cancelling.  Good advice above on using the email if you have an issue with the phone, as the email time stamps when it was sent and can be referenced at a later date if needed.

Message 18 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I've probably cancelled 40 times and never had such an issue.  What was the problem and/or what was holding you back from cancelling.  Good advice above on using the email if you have an issue with the phone, as the email time stamps when it was sent and can be referenced at a later date if needed.

I had never had an issue before as I have used the $1 maybe like 4 times before?  Anyway turns out there was some sort of routing issue (phones) and the number on their site was actually ringing a diff dept who couldnt do the cancelling...something like that.  I eventually got through and got it sorted.

I had emailed them FINALLY.  However I didnt think to do that beforehand and by the time they responded to my email (day later), I had finally gotten it resolved which they confirmed in said email.

Message 19 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is also an alternate phone number you can call to cancel.  I've been using the alternate number for my last several cancellations, as it never gives me any issues where the primary number can sometimes give you problems.  Also, the secondary number always sends you to the automated system, where the primary at times will pass you on to a human being.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.