Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

chex systems

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

chex systems

i had an entry in chex systems with no amount listed but the banks name. i did pay the bank, so is this information still in chex systems? i have a bank account with a reputable bank but i don't want to attempt to open any accounts in the future and be embarassed. what do i do to make sure this is taken care of?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: chex systems

Can you call Chex and find out? If it has been paid, you shouldn't have anything to worry about, but you could call and make sure.
Message 2 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@CreditDrama85 wrote:
i had an entry in chex systems with no amount listed but the banks name. i did pay the bank, so is this information still in chex systems? i have a bank account with a reputable bank but i don't want to attempt to open any accounts in the future and be embarassed. what do i do to make sure this is taken care of?

My daughter had something on Chex systems. She had to pay the bank $25 to have it removed. It took a couple of weeks, but it is gone.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

You get 1 free report from ChexSystems per year under FACTA. Order yours.  If you've ordered within the past year, you can purchase it as well.
Message 4 of 6
1123rebsy

My understanding, per a recent question to chexsystem, is that even if any balance is paid, it stays on their system for 5 yrs. unless you can convince them to remove it.
Message 5 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Chex systems does not remove it unless told to do so by the institution that put it there. As I previously stated, my daughter paid the fees she owed the bank and paid them another $25 to have the info removed from Chex Systems. The bank took care of it all. It has been removed.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.