New Visitor
lala

co-signer

I cosigned with my daughter on her student loan many years ago.I pulled my most recent report and discovered 2 (30 day) late payments ,Oct. 2006& Dec.2006.This loan is was paid in full in Feb.2007.I'm concerned with how this will affect my credit score which averaged 800.Is there anything I can do to change how these late payments affect my score as a cosigner?
Moderator Emeritus
Brammy

Not really, when you sign on as a co-borrower, you are eq...

Not really, when you sign on as a co-borrower, you are equally responsible for the debt so it will hit your CR.  Your scores were in the 8s, how are they now?  A 30 day is nowhere near as devastatign as a ninety day in about six months you probably shouldn't see a real difference in your scores. Time will cure all so if you're still mid 7s you shouldn't have a problem and most lenders will overlook the cosigned loan as they realize you may not have been aware that they went past due for such a short period of time.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}