Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collection delete

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

collection delete

On my experian cr it states when the ca will fall off. However, Transunion doesnt put it so bluntly. would i go by the date reported?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: collection delete

TU and EX  usually have the same DOFD      EQ uses DOLA  which can be a few months sooner or later.
Message 2 of 4
Bethm1026
Contributor

As far as I can tell it is goes by Date of last activity. That's why they say not to pay after collection.
I'm pretty sure anyway. Someone else feel free to correct me. I'm still learning!
10/2007 TU 545 EX 538 EQ 529
2/2008 TU 628 EX 608 EQ 587
3/2008 TU 636 EX 627 EQ 613
4/2008 TU 637 EX 618 EQ 621
Message 3 of 4
ECHOBOI4U
New Contributor

All collections are removed from DOFD, never DOLA.  Confirmed this with EX, EQ and TU.   I had one collection company tell me that it was DOLA and they were flat wrong when it fell off recently after 7 years reporting from the DOFD.  Keep bombarding any paid collection with disputes to make em slip up.  I dispute each paid negative item 3 times a month by certified mail on all 3 CRAs and I have seen 2 collection agencies slip up so far and not respond back to validate info.  Once the paid collection is off they cannot re-insert (they can if it is unpaid tho).  I am loving playing "hard ball" with these snotty remarking agencies that refuse to budge.  Good luck in your credit endeavors. Smiley Wink   
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.