Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collection removed, but is now back on

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

collection removed, but is now back on

In March 2007, I disputed 4 collection accounts, each one was removed from my credit report. I got an updated report today, those same collection accounts are back on my credit report. What should I do? CA did not validate. I received my RRR back.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: collection removed, but is now back on

Are you sure they were actually removed and not just suspended or whatever status they call it when the CA notifies the CRA that the account is in dispute? If they were actually deleted and now show back up the CRA has 5 days to notify you of the reinsertion. If they don't I'd fire off a real nasty intent to sue letter and see if that gets it removed. They are not allowed to put previously removed items back on your report without proof that it should be there.
Message 2 of 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

I am requesting that you investigate the items listed below.

Name of account, account number XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX. This item has not been reported properly. After looking at past and present credit reports it has come to my attention that you have allowed this item to be reinserted into my credit file after it had been deleted. Based on the credit report dates the period during which this reinsertion took place was between XX/XX/XX and XX/XX/XX.

Pursuant to the FCRA, I'd like to be provided with copies of the certification required for reinsertion for this account.

Under the FCRA Section 611(a)(5)((ii) ". . . . reinserted in the file, the consumer reporting agency shall notify the consumer of the reinsertion in writing not later than
5 business days after the reinsertion or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by any other means available to the agency.
(iii) Additional information. As part of, or in addition to, the notice under clause (ii), a consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer in writing not later than 5 business days after the date of the reinsertion
(I) a statement that the disputed information has been reinserted;
(II) the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available, or of any furnisher of information that contacted the consumer reporting agency, in connection with the reinsertion of such information; . . . ."

I was not so notified. I am disputing this item. I will allow you 15 days to furnish this information, however if you do not provide the information requested, you must delete this account as required by the FCRA. Please send me a copy of my updated credit report after you have completed this request.

Thank you for your time and effort.

Message 3 of 5
glamchick
Established Contributor

can i still use this letter if the CA agency that was originally deleted off was a different CA?
Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok the trick is that a collection agency or creditor can re-enter the information into your file anytime within the 7 yr reporting period as long as the debt is valid.  Since you have tried DV and the collector did not respond, I would make a plea to the FTC that this crediotr is not following the rules.  Usually when they get involved, I have gotten personal phone calls.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.