Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collection reporting question,,,,,i'm p@#$@#

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

collection reporting question,,,,,i'm p@#$@#

anyway,,,got a letter from this ca stating that they bought my old acct from credit one,,,,gave me 30 days from the date I received the letter to respond,,,,I mailed them a dv letter within 30 days,,,keep in mind,,,as I am posting on this forum we are still within the 30 day window and they have reported me to experian already,,,is this legal????? 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
cw81
Frequent Contributor

Re: collection reporting question,,,,,i'm p@#$@#

I believe they can  report but have to report as being in dispute.  One of the vets  might  shed some more light on this.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

AFAIK, they have to give you 30 days initially to respond before they post to the CRAs. At least, I'm 99% sure on that.

Any mods willing to move this thread to Rebuilding Credit? I think others in that forum would be best equipped to answer, perhaps?
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

well i sent a dv letter to afni within last weekend by certified mail...and i decided to email the same exact letter to their recoveryteam and by monday afternoon it was deleted off my reports...so im guessing its illegal to report while it is in the dv process...because AFNI has never been known to be easy to deal with or "play fair"......and also..it could have a lot to do with the wording of your letter..mine was very detailed and "tight" so to speak..i pretty much asked them to supply everything from contracts to MY signature to proof that they legally licensed to collect the debt in my state..lol..it was pretty thorough ...if you want i can post the letter i sent...maybe you can compare the two and figure out what loop hole they used in your letter to be able to keep reporting you...hope this helps...good luck..
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.