Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collection

tag
mmts0717
New Contributor

collection

I have disputed this information from CA 3 times with Equifax and I get the same reply that the information is correct. (it was for our insurance, which was sent in error, the money was directly taken out from my checking account), so the CA did not collect a dime.

I sent a letter to NCO, certified mail, and this is the response - The only information we have is in my husbands name and my SS number, this is not reported on his credit, just mine.

Thank you for your inquire regarding the above-referenced account.  Please be advised that the above-referenced accuont is closed in our office.

In addition, please be advised that we have contacted the credit bureaus, with which we do busines, with our request to delete our listing of the above-referenced account from your credit profile for the SS # we have listed in our records.   Please be advised that NCO Financial Service, Inc. cannot effect a change to how any other company may have listed the above account on your credit file.  We appreciate the opportunity to respond to your inquiry.

In this situation, who do I contact?  Do I have to have another 30-day dispute go on to have this removed.  Ok, they have had 90 days already to dispute this and get it right!!

P.S. All 3 times I have disputed this information, I had called the CA before doing this, I gave the information of the person that I spoke with in full.     
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: collection

First rule...NEVER talk to a CA on the phone.   Now that you have you might have given them info. that they did not have to begin with....like your name.

You said that you sent a letter to the CA.  Was it a DV?  IF it was they must send you the info. on the account....that would include the NAME.........If the name & SS#  do not match then they are reporting false info to the CRAs. this is a violation.

Because the letter that they sent you has HIS name & your SS#   sent a copy to the CRAs reporting and tell them that the name & ss#  do not match....  It is NOT yours!    DELETE

If they do not delete MOV the CRAs.

Never give info. out to anyone!!!  The CA must prove the debt is YOUR"S!!  Do not even tell the CRAs that the name on the account is your DH!!   IT IS NOT YOURS!
Message 2 of 8
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

This letter is recent?

I'm not sure if I am missing anything... this letter is saying they are deleting all info that they are reporting related to the SSN on that NCO account.  

The part you have underlined is their statement that they cannot delete reporting from another entity (i.e. if the OC or another CA is reporting).

You don't need to contact anyone... just wait for your reports to update with the deletions.  You can, however, send a copy of this letter and another dispute to the CRAs in hopes that will speed it up if you wish.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 3 of 8
mmts0717
New Contributor

Thanks for the response.   I already have this in dispute with Equifax and it has been a couple of weeks for this last go around and I have not heard anything. 

I talked with the CA prior to signing up for My Fico and getting on the forum.   Our insurance agency moved locations back in 2001/2002 and for some reason or another, they had some computer problems.  My payment with Farm Bureau has always been a bank draft, so it never was late.  When I got a letter from the very beginning, I called my insurance agency (whom I was with) and immediately they found the problem and said all was well. 

Not until I pulled my credit report a couple of months ago myself did I notice this collection on there as an unpaid account.  So, naturally I called both the insurance and NCO and NCO fixed the report to say paid (by the way they marked paid in 2004, I don't have a clue where they got that date because according to Farm Bureau this was paid to them by back draft in 2002).

The name on the account is my husbands and the social security is mine but NCO only sent one letter way back when and I thought it was all taken care of.  This has taught me a little lesson - you should alway pay attention to your credit report....

I am going to fax this to Equifax on Monday and see what they do. 

Thanks and happy Holidays
Message 4 of 8
mmts0717
New Contributor

The letter is recent dated 12/18/2007 - I received it today. 
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

while you are at it I would also report the CA to www.ftc.org    Tell them that the OC says that your  account is and has been in good standing, and the CA will not delete.

Also tell them that the CA has the name of 1 person and SS of another.
Message 6 of 8
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
while you are at it I would also report the CA to www.ftc.org Tell them that the OC says that your account is and has been in good standing, and the CA will not delete.
Also tell them that the CA has the name of 1 person and SS of another.

It sounds to me that the CA HAS agreed to delete. They are saying that they can't control it if another creditor is reporting independently, which sounds like a canned sentence to me.

Am I missing something here? I might need another cuppa, lol.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keep a close eye on DH CR. They might report it there IF they have his SS.  IF it appears and shows PAID....send the CA another letter. This time an *ITS*  as it is incorrect reporting.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.