Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collections account worth deleting?

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

collections account worth deleting?

his is how it appears on my report.... my credit score jumped over 40 points eq fico when this was changed.... instead of deleting for a account that wasn't supposed to be on my report now it shows this.

Individual account , PAYS AS AGREED , balance $0   , PAID AND CLOSED , type of loan, Installment sales contact (NOT listed as Collections) , MONTHS reviewed 54 with NO LATES on file....

this account is reported very wrong, but should I poke at this account for deletion or just let it be?

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: collections account worth deleting?

I am confused.  The account is apparently reporting as a paid and closed installment loan, with no derogs?  What is detrimental in that reporting?

Why are you referring to it as a "collection" in the title to your post?

Its deletion will cause you to lose its age in your AAoA calculation.  What is your thinking in pursuing deletion?

Message 2 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, would you mind sharing the name of the company reporting this tradeline?

Message 3 of 8
distantarray
Established Contributor

The account was a Collections Account it was posted to my credit report, but I had a barter agreement with the OC (local martial arts school) before I ever starting missing payments. I recieved a letter from the OC signed stating that the account was reported in error. So at first they changed it from Collections Account to Installment Loan, and with lates, I disputed that I was never late since the debt was invalid since it was paid through the barter agreement (website development for the school) and I haven't chcked my credit report in a LONG time. So a collections agency reported the collections on my report changed to Installment sales contract on the reports, $0 amount due and lists almost 60 good payments since the start of the account with no lates. The company is Affiliated Acceptance.

Message 4 of 8
distantarray
Established Contributor

it was a collections agency that's reporting, people always say paid collections is bad as not paid all the time minus the utility with credit/debt ratio which is factored in with some companies scoring methods. That's the only reason, but since there's NOTHING listed that views them as a collections agency I wonder if my score would go up more, or down if this was deleted.

Message 5 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, I'd check your CR from myFICO to see if FICO looks at it as a baddie. On the Accounts page showing all of your accounts, there is a column with a red flag. If there's a red flag next to this TL, then it is hurting your FICO. Absent the red flag, I'd ignore it.

I looked on their website and they seem to be a jack of all trades type of company who handles both billing and accounts management for fitness-related companies and also a collection agency for them. Maybe they are reporting as an OC? Worth a look on the flag, though.

Message 6 of 8
distantarray
Established Contributor

there is nothing flaggedthat's why I'm confused they're reporting as far as I can see like an OC regarding the account. Which they are not.

Message 7 of 8
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

The way it is currently reported in your post I would leave it alone.  I would make sure if it  is reported to the other bureaus it is reported correctly. You can use annualcreditreport.com for this. No need to buy a score.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.