mudbunny

collecton names with numbers

Has anyone ever had a TL from a collection company that states Company 2f33456y0001 has acquired this debt from 2576cv76 in the amount of 875.00 on 3-05  and now has balance due of 1356.00   ????  how on earth do I know who 2f33456y0001 is when no name address or anything is given? or let alone the person the debt was originally with??  I have about 10 of these on my credit reports and I dunno what to do cuz it is saying that they are late and sent to collections and it's affecting my score.  please help!! anyone.  thanks
Regular Contributor
kims

Re: collecton names with numbers

[ Edited ]
:smileytongue: oooops

Message Edited by kims on 07-11-2007 07:51 PM
911 Operators....America's Lifeline!
Regular Contributor
kims

[ Edited ]
I've run across the same thing and the only thing I know to do is try and match up as much information as possible with your credit report. TU gives detailed information...CA and/or OC with address, Acct #, etc.  On my collection accounts that only gave information in "greek" I went through my 3 CR and matched up dollar amounts.

For example:

Collection Agency             401yc00000

current balance             $862.00

I went back thru my reports and found the CA/OC that I owed $862.00 and I will mail a letter to them asking for PFD.

sorry about the double post!!

Message Edited by kims on 07-11-2007 07:50 PM
911 Operators....America's Lifeline!
Established Contributor
so_confused

Have you tried disputing any of these? I would try based on the info being reported is not clear enough to determine that they are yours.  I would do this in writing to the CRA's. If you can't determine that the are yours how can anyone else.
9/18/08 TU=707 EQ=706 EX=702
Established Contributor
Revike

mudbunny wrote:
Has anyone ever had a TL from a collection company that states Company 2f33456y0001 has acquired this debt from 2576cv76 in the amount of 875.00 on 3-05 and now has balance due of 1356.00 ???? how on earth do I know who 2f33456y0001 is when no name address or anything is given? or let alone the person the debt was originally with?? I have about 10 of these on my credit reports and I dunno what to do cuz it is saying that they are late and sent to collections and it's affecting my score. please help!! anyone. thanks

Did you pull your reports from MyFico or directly from the CRAs or through another reseller?

Coded collection items usually indicate a medical collection. Do the dates and amounts match up with any doctor or hospital expenses that you can remember?
Regular Contributor
dazednconfused

You beat me to it.  It's probably a medical collection.  I had them report that way from myfico, but when I pulled True Credit, the actual name of the collection company was there. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}