Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

company expense account question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

company expense account question

I was working for a independent sales rep company, that was contracted to account manage one brand only. There was only 6 or 7 employees with this sales rep firm. Each had an account under the sales rep company with the main brand ( by name only , never signing anything as far as terms and conditions like one does when entering into a credit contract) I now no longer work for sales rep firm but the main brand is still sending billing invoices to my address. Mind you everything purchased was for accounts (never personal items) in order to grow sales rep firm business..... what are my rights here? I also know that the brand has lessened or eliminated some of the other employees amounts owed in the past. I feel that it was a company account and that I should not have to pay then anything because in the end it was only growing there business.....thanks any help/comments would be great.....
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: company expense account question

So was this a business credit card? Are you sure you never signed anything pertaining to it?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi brklyncam,

There are a few things in your post that I need to have clarified:
1) Who gave you the expense account - the independent sales rep company or the main brand?
2) Are you sure that you didn't sign anything for the expense account?  Typically, businesses that grant expense accounts will make the person sign a document BEFORE granting the account to check the person's credit and to make sure the person understands what the account is supposed to be used for.  
3) Did you contact the company to find out why you were receiving invoices for these items? 
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never signed a thing and It was not a credit card. the account was given to me by the rep firm. When I receive the invoices They say REP FIRM then my name. as far as contacting the company directly I wanted to find out info first. They have always sent me invoices so I could keep track of what account received what goods. thanks for the help.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.