Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

comparing scores from the three major CB's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Comments on trade lines

On my EQ report, there is a notation on my car payment saying that it is "auto loan - obsolete".  Is this what you are talking about?  It's not obsolete - or at least it better not be since I've made faithful payments and not even 1 day late.  It is showing no payment history - like they just reported the account being open but no activity at all.  How would I correct that when I don't even know for sure what it is or means?
Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all - i've paid everything on time since 2003. Never late, had car loans since then, etc. Recent revolving credit line (PIF each month) and 22k car loan taken on since fall 2006. TU and EP CRs were pulled straight from their sites. When i pulled the EF CR it came with the FICO info attached, which i am not sure why. Are EF and FICO linked? Does that mean I should've done the 3-in-1 package from FICO and all my scores would've been lower, but more accurate? As for credit repair deals - about 2 years ago I did the credit repair thing and it is a total scam. the person promised this and that, we signed a contract, i let it take its course, then saw it wasn't working about 1.5 yrs into it, canceled it. Now I am disputing with the scammer the fact that all items originally promised to be taken off are in fact still on all CR's. Although she disputes it, all the facts are clear that I am right and I will take to small claims if I have to. HOWEVER - If you do decide to do this, make sure you list what accounts that person is working on and keep very close track. If you have a bad vibe from the person, don't do at all. After all, they have access to ALL of you personal information! Which is reason enough to stay clear. The best thing is to suck it up, pay what you can, and keep moving forward - secured CC, whatever you can get. It just takes time. SO hold on to what cash you can in case 911 situation pops up. Thanks in advance for any advice.
Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also - does pulling your own CR produce lower score? Or is it a "soft" hit? Thinking I should pull all three from FICO and see if scores are more in line with each other. Any advice appreciated.
Message 13 of 22
yoreljm
New Contributor

Could scores vary because some creditors often pull from...

Could scores vary because some creditors often pull from one credit Bureau, causing some to have more hard inquiries than others?
Message 14 of 22
yoreljm
New Contributor

That sounds pretty shady

abc123 wrote:
I just had a one hour discussion with a very knowledgeable person named Daphne who works with a company called (edited by Admin) This company is HIGHLY professional and trustworthy and are extremely patient. Daphne can explain things clearly and even provided insight into ways that they can "add" lines of credit to your report to help heal your credit. I am on this site today because Daphne advised me to pull my credit myself. She explained that this constitutes a "soft pull" in the eyes of the lender. Next I am going to send her a copy of my report and sign on for her services. I will keep you all posted on my progress if anyone is interested. Cheers!

That sounds pretty shady

Message Edited by Barry on 04-06-2007 06:30 AM
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

EQ is usually lowest score

I agree that EQ is usually a lower score than TU or EX. Why? I have no idea but I have seen many credit reports for mortgages and EQ is usually lowest 8 of 10 reports. My own report was at least 80 points lower from EQ.

One positive note: EQ was the easiest to remove items from, when I disputed. My investigation was done in 48 hours and two items deleted.
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Insanity

Still can't seem to get a clear answer anywhere as to why there is such discrepancy between the 3... there is nearly a 50 point difference between the three reports and none of them have the all of the same accounts listed. Not only that, but 2 of them say that it is negative that my credit history is too short, yet the other says I have a long credit history which is a positive... It seems so stupid to me that I have to pray that they pull the credit with the highest score or I am screwed..
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

You just answered your own question

Hvnsent309 wrote:
Still can't seem to get a clear answer anywhere as to why there is such discrepancy between the 3... there is nearly a 50 point difference between the three reports and none of them have the all of the same accounts listed. Not only that, but 2 of them say that it is negative that my credit history is too short, yet the other says I have a long credit history which is a positive... It seems so stupid to me that I have to pray that they pull the credit with the highest score or I am screwed..

You just answered your own question.  Some lenders post to some bureaus and not others.  Where you may have had something report to one it may not report to another which could be the explaination for your score.  The only way to compare all three bureaus would be if the exact same info was reported on all three.  That's why you have three scores.  ost lenders comparing all three will likely go with the middle score.

Depending on when the first active account reported can result in too shor or long credit history explaination.  I wish they all had to communicate, I have a 10k loan that only shows on one bureau as wellas several smaller loans that never made it past equifax as this is the locally reporting bureau here.

Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Sync suggests...

I also have Credit Sync on this site and when disputing a credit report, it suggests that you request any accounts not list on your report to be added by the CB.  It suggests that you even request your bank account be added to your report if you have new credit or I assume to rebuild as well.

I wrote letters today to have mine added in the hopes that it will give me more positive history since my account is very old, still open/in use and with no issues in the past.  If I am still here, which I'm sure I will be since this is my new life's mission, I will keep the forum posted on how my scores have been affected.  That is, if any/all of the bureaus actually agree to add it.  I assume it will be at least a month or so since the requests are by snail mail.
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me know how that works out

HouseHunter wrote:
I also have Credit Sync on this site and when disputing a credit report, it suggests that you request any accounts not list on your report to be added by the CB.  It suggests that you even request your bank account be added to your report if you have new credit or I assume to rebuild as well.

I wrote letters today to have mine added in the hopes that it will give me more positive history since my account is very old, still open/in use and with no issues in the past.  If I am still here, which I'm sure I will be since this is my new life's mission, I will keep the forum posted on how my scores have been affected.  That is, if any/all of the bureaus actually agree to add it.  I assume it will be at least a month or so since the requests are by snail mail.

I have several accounts only reporting to equifax even a paid of 10k loan.  I have tried without success to have them added.  LEt me know if you're successful and just how you went about it.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.