Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confused about EX FICOS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

confused about EX FICOS

i applied for a credit card with my towns credit union and they ran my EX and told me i had a 630 FICO and gave me a $4000 CL

earlier today i applied for a credit card at Patelco CU and they only gave me a $500 limit because they called me and told me my EX FICO was only 565

Are there different fico scoring modes out there or what????

i dont get the big score difference since these 2 apps were done the same day....( i called both unions twice to make sure they use only FICOS)

i need some answers...

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: confused about EX FICOS

Out of curiosity, I'd call them back and ask them which models of FICO scores they use.

There are several models out there. Per EX FICO, most lenders (like in the PSECU example) use a 1999 FICO version called Fair Isaac Risk Model v2. Virtually all mortgage lenders use that model and is the same one that was on here before EX did their thing. Then there are newer ones like v3 (2004 or 2005) and the FICO 08 model. Then there are industry-enhanced EX FICOs, of which one of those might be...there's the bankcard-enhanced FICO, and others not likely used.

Message 2 of 4
TravellingNomad
Established Contributor

at least PCU approved you for a credit card.  they denied my application.

Message 3 of 4
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I can't explain the diff in your Ficos, but I can tell you that you're really fortunate with your CU! My local CU only gave me a $500 CC and my TU FICO (which they ran) was 693.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.