cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confused about tradelines and multiple accounts.......

tag
bk510
Valued Contributor

confused about tradelines and multiple accounts.......

hi all,

i'm a rebuilder post bk 6/12,

Little confused bout difference between lines and accounts, for example......

i have these....

cap1 secured

cap1 platinum

sony visa reward by cap1

target redca

So with these, do i have 4 tradelines reporting OR 2(cap1 and target)

If some1 can clear this for me, much appreciated, also if in fact its only count as 2 reporting, should i consider adding another tl to improve my credit or is this enough?

I have gotton these cards all in this year( i dono if this makes any difference)

thank u

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: confused about tradelines and multiple accounts.......

Each are treated and scored separately. So if you have 4 TLs reporting, you have 4 TLs being scored and viewed by lenders. Doesn't matter who issues them.

I wouldn't add any new credit and let what you have age if a higher score is the goal.

Message 2 of 3
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: confused about tradelines and multiple accounts.......

@llecs wrote:

Each are treated and scored separately. So if you have 4 TLs reporting, you have 4 TLs being scored and viewed by lenders. Doesn't matter who issues them.

I wouldn't add any new credit and let what you have age if a higher score is the goal.

+1 = very sound advice!  Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.