Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

consumer personal finance companies?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

consumer personal finance companies?

Anyone have experience with these? I'm thinking about trying to get a personal loan at a lower rate then I currently pay for my student loans--7.95%. I would like to see if I can get a personal loan for 4-5% so I can pay off that student debt and save on interest payments.

Do you think anyone would do a loan for 4-5%? I'm pretty positive no banks will do it, that's why I wonder if an individual would do it
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: consumer personal finance companies?

Comsumer finance accounts generally have double digit rates.
Message 2 of 6
hifiko
New Contributor

I would urge you NOT to try and get any kind of loan from a personal finance company. Finance companies are held in low regard by other financial institutions. Depending in what state you live in the annual percentage rate at a finance company would range from 18% to 36%.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

not to mention that it hurts your FICO!!!
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check w/ local credit union about a sig loan or line of credit- but I still think it will be around 7 percent-  but you never know- they run specials.

Our's just got done running a special of 4.9 for any new car and refinances.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check w/ local credit union about a sig loan or line of credit- but I still think it will be around 7 percent-  but you never know- they run specials.

Our's just got done running a special of 4.9 for any new car and refinances.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.