Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

correcting addresses

tag
treschic
Frequent Contributor

correcting addresses

Whenever i try to correct my addresses via experian's online dispute system, it never allows me to submit the dispute. it just continues to say one of your creditors submited this information, please contact your creditors to correct your information.  some of the info was variations of addresses i haven't lived at since high school.  since the online system wouldn't allow me to dispute, i faxed a dispute to EX yesterday, and they removed most of them, but when i tried to fix the rest online, it still gives me the same info as above.  anyone else experience this? i know that none of the current info on my credit report reported any of the info, since as i said i haven't used any of those addresses.

thanks
and ps. it is important to make sure that your addresses are correct on your credit report.  some creditors will use that info to send you info. if the address is wrong, you will never get it. and ignorance is not bliss in the credit world. 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: correcting addresses

angiepharm wrote:
Whenever i try to correct my addresses via experian's online dispute system, it never allows me to submit the dispute. it just continues to say one of your creditors submited this information, please contact your creditors to correct your information.  some of the info was variations of addresses i haven't lived at since high school.  since the online system wouldn't allow me to dispute, i faxed a dispute to EX yesterday, and they removed most of them, but when i tried to fix the rest online, it still gives me the same info as above.  anyone else experience this? i know that none of the current info on my credit report reported any of the info, since as i said i haven't used any of those addresses.

thanks
and ps. it is important to make sure that your addresses are correct on your credit report.  some creditors will use that info to send you info. if the address is wrong, you will never get it. and ignorance is not bliss in the credit world. 

Call them or send another fax.
Message 2 of 4
demi
Established Contributor

I have a similar problem. Equifax keeps sending me a letter asking to verify...I have both a p.o. and physical mailing, and somehow I guess I either requested a change or typed it in by mistake. They want Drivers License, or utitlity bill with physical address....California does not send a new License when you move, and since I am temporarily living with parents while house being built, no utility bills, and my paycheck is direct deposit, so it doesn't even have address.....this time I am just going to send letter asking them to leave it alone...didn't mean to change anyway, think I was just trying to make everything consistent.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have found on the phone with them the easiest way to deal with linked addresses-

They can tell you what TL is linked to that address-
They can manually update the linked record or the TL could get zapped.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.