Established Member
jlc

cr reporting question

Sorry if this is a stupid question, hopefully the learning will turn to knowledge before too much longer :smileyvery-happy:

On my cr, I have a mortgage is reporting as a line of credit, installment loan instead of mortgage.  It is a manufactured home, I don't know if that makes a difference.  does this matter?? Is it hurting my score, since it looks like I have XX amount of installment payments or credit, not mortgage?
Thanks

Established Contributor
FICO_Focused

Re: cr reporting question

Not completely sure here...

But is it possible you financed your home through the manufacturer on land you already owned? They might not be reporting as a mortgage if the land was not included in the loan. But as long as it doesn't impact your ability to deduct taxes can't be to bad.

Rob

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+