Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit account being reported differently than in the past

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit account being reported differently than in the past

I am super upset here , so my typing may get bad.  I have been trying desperately to raise my credit score in the last month.  I have written here several times to get advice.  Now to get to the root of my newest problem.  I have 3 credit card accounts that I have had poor utilitzation on.  I have always paid them on time, but, I have always worked around the top of my credit limits.  I was advised to change this and did.  I went from nearly 95% utilization to under 20%.  In fact I have 2 of the 3 with 0 balance.
A line of credit I took out in 2003 for 39,000 and have paid monthly for nearly 5 years is now being reported like a credit card.  I have never reduced this account by much and still owe the majority of the amount borrowed. It was never reported this way before.  It only changed when I paid the other credit cards down.  It was like it was done on purpose.  I know this is irrational , but that is exactl the way it looks.  ONe day a credit report had raised my number to 672 from 643, and the next day it was back to 643.  I have had as high as 700 number last year. but it was lowered as I had high utilization on the 3 credit card accounts.  TransUnion and Equifax are now showing me at 94% utilization even though my credit cards are lower than they have ever been.  PLEASE ADVISE, ANYONE?
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.