Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit bureau differences

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit bureau differences

Does anyone know which credit bureau on average rates your the highest, because i though i read once that transunion usually rates higher than the other two?? anyone know?

ready4home
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
williasn
Established Member

Re: credit bureau differences

@Anonymous wrote:
Does anyone know which credit bureau on average rates your the highest, because i though i read once that transunion usually rates higher than the other two?? anyone know?
ready4home

TransUnion is my highest score..... but it goes between Experian and Trans. My Equifax is the lowest because they don't list all my accts. I used to live in the Midwest and my report was under CSC (which is there affiliate i guess)- once i moved to the south it changed to EQ (thank goodness). But still they have just about 1/2 of the accts i own or once owned.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alot has to do with where you live. Certain CRA are utilized more than the others in certain areas.

Even more of it has to do with who your creditors report to. The CRA can only report what is reported to them, otherwise they don't know what is there.

Your score is based on what is on your report.
Message 3 of 5
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

My TU is higher, but that's mostly because I have one good account that was closed several years ago that wasn't reported on the other two.  All in all, though, my scores with TU and EX are only 4 pts apart.  My EQ is about 20 lower, but that's because they still can't seem to report a couple of accounts correctly.
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

my dh and I had eq as our lowest paid down our balances a lot and now our TUs are the lowest. The Eq's took a huge leap when our balances got paid down but the TUs stayed close to where they were
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.