Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit card dispute on a non-refundable

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit card dispute on a non-refundable

I purchase some items this past week and now I want them returned after realizing that I cannot use multiple of them on the same transcation and the terms and conditions never specified whether I could use one or multiple UNTIL I purchased it which states I can only use one per session. This company has a non-refund policy so I called the credit card company I purchased them on and they also could not dispute it because the item I bought was non-refundable. What should I do? This is very frustrating.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: credit card dispute on a non-refundable

@Anonymous wrote:

I purchase some items this past week and now I want them returned after realizing that I cannot use multiple of them on the same transcation and the terms and conditions never specified whether I could use one or multiple UNTIL I purchased it which states I can only use one per session. This company has a non-refund policy so I called the credit card company I purchased them on and they also could not dispute it because the item I bought was non-refundable. What should I do? This is very frustrating.

At face-value I would think that unless the credit card you used has 'return protection' you might be out of luck.  Smiley Sad

Here is a link that has more info:  https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/credit-card-benefits/credit-card-return-protection-guide/

If return protection won't be able to help (card not covered, etc.) you'll need to share some more details before anybody here will be able to help.  Without knowing which card you used and having a better idea of the nature of the purchase everything is really just a stab in the dark.

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was unfortunately by chase and they don't have a protection return policy.......

Message 3 of 16
happypill
Valued Contributor

Your message is super confusing.  If you want some thoughtful answers, you'll need to provide some useful data.

Message 4 of 16
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

It was unfortunately by chase and they don't have a protection return policy.......

OK, that's a start.

Depending on the card Chase does offer return protection, but you haven't told us what Chase card you used. 

Also, the nature of the purchase matters as well (was it live animals, airline tickets, or a software license?)  If it's something personal or embarassing you don't have to share, but if you want help here you need to give people something to work with. 

https://www.chase.com/content/chasecom/en/card-benefits/benefit-details/freedom_vp/return_protect_250_v2.html

Message 5 of 16
BirchBarlow
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase most certainly has return protection.  I have no idea what the item in question is or who the vendor is, but if the vendor is refusing to honor their return policy Chase should cover it.  If, however, the vendor has a no-return policy or you're in violation of their return policy then you're SOL.  Return protection is for when a vendor refuses in good faith to honor their return policy.  It doesn't cover non-refundable items or vendors who don't allow returns.

Message 6 of 16
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I had the same issue and....... after 2 weeks chase told me that I bought it and should've read or asked for details on their return policy, then they told me that "when you signed the receipt you agreed to their terms" so I was out of $2700, luckily the item I had I was able to sell it online for $2400..
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chargeback
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
I had the same issue and....... after 2 weeks chase told me that I bought it and should've read or asked for details on their return policy, then they told me that "when you signed the receipt you agreed to their terms" so I was out of $2700, luckily the item I had I was able to sell it online for $2400..

That is exactly what chase told me lol. They told me because the company does not offer refunds, they cannot dispute it any further and basically told me goodbye. I was lucky it wasn't a large amount. I have the chase freedom card and I has purchase gift certificates for dining. 

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Chargeback

What does this mean

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.