Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit.com score

tag
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

credit.com score

I got an update from credit.com to my EX score today and my score jumped up 33 points.  credit.com only gives very limited information, but from what I can tell it looks like they aren't including my paid tax liens anymore.  Does this sound correct?  I am assuming this is a part of the FICO 9 model that no one will be using so I shouldn't expect much change to my normal FICO scores.  Is that correct?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: credit.com score

It's not fico 9. It's fako. Experian risks score. It's useless. 

Message 2 of 6
eric19k
Established Contributor

Credit karma offers credit report now for free
TU Scores:
May 2014- 466
July 2014- 537
September 2014- 602
Goal Scores- 720 by March 2014
Message 3 of 6
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

It's not fico 9. It's fako. Experian risks score. It's useless. 

I understand it's FAKO, but something has changed in the way they compute their score.

Never mind.  Thread got sent off to die.  I'll just wait for someone else to bring it up.

Message 4 of 6
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

I got an update from credit.com to my EX score today and my score jumped up 33 points.  credit.com only gives very limited information, but from what I can tell it looks like they aren't including my paid tax liens anymore.  Does this sound correct?  I am assuming this is a part of the FICO 9 model that no one will be using so I shouldn't expect much change to my normal FICO scores.  Is that correct?

Most credit card companies are using FICO 8.  FICO 9 will be available in the fall of 2014.  However, it will probably will take a few years before CCC start relying on it.  No telling when mortgage companies loans will use one of the newer models.

The FAKO credit scores are good to notify you of something major happening on your credit report.  When you see a big jump, I would take a look at your actual credit report to see what caused it.  As another poster has mentioned, CK offers weekly full TU credit reports.  However, for EX I would use your free annual credit report.  Save the report number and you can pull it as often as you want as long as you review it every 90 days.  (at least I believe it is 90 days, I pull my more often).

Message 5 of 6
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

@wacdenney wrote:

Check for vantagescore 3 by clicking on Other scores link. That probably is more realistic scoring model, again a fako though.

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.