New Contributor
JohnDoe12

credit histrory split across all 3 CRs

I have accounts in good standing that are split up among all 3 CRAs. Every time I run my credit report/score it tells me I'd do better if I had a revoving credit line, or an installment loan. I have all these, but they are split onto different CRs. In addition I'm sure my scores are artificially low. Is there a way to get them on all my credit reports so that I can have a real picture of my credit and an accurate score. Why should I have to pay more in interest because lenders choose different CRAs? Very frustrating...

Thanks,
JD12

Starting Score: EQ 660, TU 698 - 30-Jan-2011
Current Score: EQ 710, TU ?? - 02-March-2013
Goal Score: EQ 700, TU 720 30 - Jan 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
GregB

Re: credit histrory split across all 3 CRs

Most lenders report to all three CRAs. When I had 38 lenders reporting, all three reports showed exactly the same accounts. The only difference now is that one of them has not dropped off a few old closed accounts that came off the other two last year.

What kind of lenders are you using. Are they really small companies or something?

New Contributor
JohnDoe12

It looks a bit odd, really.

I have Sallae Mae accounts (4?) one some CR and 2 on others. They have different opening dates, so I'm not sure they are dups. I'd like to get them "consolidated" from a reporting standpoint. (They've already been consolidated with the US Dept of Ed.) If I could do that, then I would have less accounts and still have the same age. Has anyone ever had anything like this done?

I also have one secured card that only reports to 2 CRAs. EQ is not reported to.

Thanks,

JD12

Starting Score: EQ 660, TU 698 - 30-Jan-2011
Current Score: EQ 710, TU ?? - 02-March-2013
Goal Score: EQ 700, TU 720 30 - Jan 2011

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
GregB

If the accounts have no negatives, I only see negative effects from "cleaning up" these reports. If any of these accounts have negatives, I would get more information from others.

As you get more mainstream accounts, they should all report to all three CRAs.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}