cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit karma down 39pts, but fico up 5? why?

tag
Dalanar
Regular Contributor

Re: credit karma down 39pts, but fico up 5? why?

My guess is that Credit Karma bases the score on its own set of requirements.  It even go further tracking things that Fico doesn't. 

Experian: 729 Equifax: 740 Transunion: 732
Capital One Mastercard: $0.4K, Capital One Quicksilver: $5K, Chase Southwest Premier: $7.5K, Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $24.9K, Discover It: $9.4K, Chase Sapphire Preferred: $16.9K, Citi Hilton HHonors Reserve: $7.7K, Arrival+ BarclayCard MC WE: $7.5K
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dalanar wrote:

My guess is that Credit Karma bases the score on its own set of requirements.  It even go further tracking things that Fico doesn't. 

I'm pretty sure they use the Transunion TransRisk score. Same one that Capital One uses for their free FAKO.

Message 12 of 14
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dalanar wrote:

I'm pretty sure they use the Transunion TransRisk score. Same one that Capital One uses for their free FAKO.

Actually CK uses the TU New Account model.

Message 13 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm pretty sure

When did "I'm pretty sure" come to mean "I'm not sure but I'm going to state it as if I am sure"?  It's definitely not unique to this site or anything.  Guess I'm just feeling old and nostalgic for the days when "I'm pretty sure" actually meant "I'm pretty sure".  Are people defining the phrase based on the Anthony Crispino character from Saturday Night Live?

Kids these days...   Get off my lawn! Smiley Very Happy

The old Credit Karma site design (which is still what shows up for me) clearly states this:

TransUnion® New Account Score

@Anonymous wrote:

Same one that Capital One uses for their free FAKO.

Also TransUnion New Account:

http://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/benefits/credit-tracker/

Your Credit Tracker score is calculated based on the TransUnion New Account Model.

You are correct that they are the same though.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.