Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit repair agencies

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit repair agencies

is there a legitimate agency / firm / etc., that will do this work for someone?  i know there are several shady groups, but how about legitimate ones?  how about consultants?  i'm just thinking of the old lawyer saying 'he who represents himself has a fool for a client'.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: credit repair agencies

Hi bizzyman, What ever the credit repair companies can help, you can do it by your self and you can stay in control of your credit. I have tried couple of companies earlier and later realized I could have done it my self. There are lot of knowledgible people on this forum who can help you and guide you. Dont waste your money on these Credit Repair companies.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit repair agencies

The only thing that I would recommend if you are terrible at self-management with finances is a financial advisor.  Even if you're salary isn't that impressive, a financial advisor would likely help you out with your goals for a small price, depending on your situation.  My friend Brian had a financial advisor for about five or six years and worked through issues like bankruptcy and even managed to get a house before bankruptcy dropped off reports.  I'm all about self-management, but some stuff should be left to the professionals.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.