Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit repair

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit repair

can you repair your credit yourself? i have 2 collections witch have both been be paid. how do get these removed? also i have some cc lates but more than 5 years old, do they affect my credit? and if so how do you get these removed. i signed up with a credit repair law firm but the only dispute 2 items at a time and it takes 60 days in between cycles. it also costs 79 per month.  can i do this my self? any help would be great. right now my scores are in the 580 range.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Ausfarm
Regular Contributor

Re: credit repair

can you repair your credit yourself?  Absolutely!

i have 2 collections witch have both been be paid. how do get these removed?  Send a GW letter.  Search the forums for the phrase if you don't know what that is.

also i have some cc lates but more than 5 years old, do they affect my credit? and if so how do you get these removed.   I've read that after 2 years, the effect is minimal,  but it probably won't hurt to GW these as well.

i signed up with a credit repair law firm but the only dispute 2 items at a time and it takes 60 days in between cycles. it also costs 79 per month.  can i do this my self? You definitely can do it yourself and better allocate the $79.  Start here:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&thread.id=2654

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.