Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit report

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit report

I noticed on report that the credit cards/store cards all had balances increasing even tho' they were supposed to be relieved under bankrutcy filing 3 years ago. Why are they still listed, and why the increasing balances without me having any one of them in my possession. Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit report

If they were included in your bankruptcy, here's what you do.

Go to the CRA and dispute directly with them. Don't click "Included in Bankruptcy". Dispute knowledge of the account, or somesuch. In the remarks, state that you have no knowledge any an account with XYZ company with a balance of $XX.XX. (and you're not lying, you don't.. you're account with them is at $0.)

One of a few things will happen. They will just delete the account, they will change it to "included in bankruptcy" with a $0 balance, or they will slip up and verify the debt. If they verify the debt, now you've got them violating your rights twice. Then you send a firm letter to them stating that they have violated your bankruptcy injunction by reporting a balance still owed, and by verifying that debt with the CRA, they've continued to purposely violate your rights. They could face stiff penalties. Demand complete deletion from all CRAs immediately, and you will consider the matter settled and take no further action.

Message 2 of 3
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: credit report

I presume it was a BK 7 and those accounts were in the BK that was discharged?

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.