Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit reporting

tag
babbles
Established Contributor

credit reporting

I was told by my tenant of 8 yrs in Georgia that  a mortgage company (Academy Mortgage) pulled her credit I guess, and said that I have reported her a few times lates over the last 2 yrs.  In 8 yrs she's been late about 6-7 times but not only have I not reported anyting but don't know how to?  Is there a way something is being reported on my behalf without me  knowing??

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: credit reporting

Obviously there is a way if it happened.....

Do you have any parties who would be aware of your business dealings with your tenants?  Is your business incorporated?

I would suggest that the tenant contact the CRA and get the name of the furnisher of the information.

If the CRA wont do it informally, then he/she can file a formal request for the info under FCRA 609(a)(1).

That would solve at least that part of the mystery.......

Message 2 of 9
marty56
Super Contributor

If this is a home or condo, do you have a property managment company managing your property?  Aslo does your tenant pay you directly?

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 9
babbles
Established Contributor

It is a home and I am not incorporated and this particular home is not managed by a company.  I am having her to pull all 3 credit files today and compare it to what this fly by night company has pulled.  I think they are stringing her along, I  have not reported anything and I wouldn't do that to a tenant who has been a great tenant over 8 years.   There has been times she has requested that I write a letter on her behalf to variou creditors.   So it is not as obvious as one may think.

Message 4 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Keep us posted. I'm curious.

Message 5 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

She has the absolute right under FCRA 609(a)(1) and (2) to obtain the name and address of the party who reported the information.

JUst have her send the info request to the CRA, along with proof of her identity and the required processing fee, which is currently $11.00.

Message 6 of 9
babbles
Established Contributor

Thank you, that's what I was waiting to hear!  I know i didn't report anyone as late and just waiting on her to give me the word how her reports look when she pulls them herself.  

Message 7 of 9
babbles
Established Contributor

Turns out she had a debt from a piror  apt.  Not Me! Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 9
marty56
Super Contributor

@babbles wrote:

Turns out she had a debt from a piror  apt.  Not Me! Smiley Happy

+1.

A debt over 8 years old still being reported as late?

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.