Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit score and mortage qualify

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit score and mortage qualify

My question is whether to use my savings or credit card to pay an IRS mistake to the tune of $8100.00 I have savings of $7,000.00.

We also want to purchase a home in the next year, and my broker indicated i cannot use credit for down payment. I think my credit will take a hit by using the credit card, but I also want to have savings on hand for down payment.

Any advice?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit score and mortage qualify

Are you paying the IRS to qualify for a mortgage?  You can have an outstanding lien and still get a FHA loan.  Since you plan to purchase next year call the IRS and setup a montly payment plan.  The lender would like to see at least 12 months of payments according to what everyone says here.  I have yet to see anywhere where FHA specifically requires that but anyhow keep the cash on reserve.  IRS will subordinate for a home loan.  Also, if they extend this $8,000 tax credit you could use that to pay for it when right after you purchase the home.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit score and mortage qualify

Thank you for your response.

Could you elaborate on "IRS will  subordinate  for a home loan?" Thanks again. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.