Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit score changes

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

credit score changes

Hello, I am a new comer.  My bankruptcy has been removed from my credit reports.  How long does it take for me to see a change in my score?  My score with tu is 612, ex 647 and eq. 604.  What kind of jump should I expect in my scores?  I live in Alabama and I can't get a loan from a bank or department credit cards.  I have heard of people getting home loans with less credit.  What am I doing wrong?  I have 5 cc and all have a zero balance.  I pay them off every month.  I only charge a small amount monthly.  I have family members that can get anything and they are in chapter 7 and it still show up (only 4 years old).  please point me in the right direction. 
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: credit score changes

How recent was the removel and how old are your cards and TL'S.?
You should keep just a few dollars on your cards too show a small balance
every month as it shows your using them...

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My credit cards are 2 and 3 years old.  My bankruptcy came off ex. in Dec. and trans. in july and equ. in aug.  How can you get a credit score to jump 50 or 100 pts.?  
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems that my scores are going down instead of up.  I just had an old account removed from my credit reports because it was paid over 2 years ago.  My credit score went down.  My score was higher when I had bankruptcy and 4 other bad marks against me.  What is going on?  Please tell me how I can challenge the credit bureaus or hire a lawyer.  I am sick and tired of these people at the so called credit bureaus. 
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Tu is 488 but Ex is 610. How is that ?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard on Susie Orman that once a bankruptcy is removed from a credit report, most often the scroes will go down because when the bankrupty is on a credit report, we're judged based on other people who have gone bankrupt.   But when the bankruptcy is removed, we're judged against people who have never gone bankrupt.  Don't know if it's true, but I have heard about scores going down instead of up when the bankruptcy is removed.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.