Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit score question

tag
adam2eden

credit score question

Hi all,

I want to take a mortgage in half a year. So I'd like to polish my credit report and raise my score. My general information are as follows:

1. eq 660
  2. 1 personal loan just opened, balance 2000, from prosper.com (I know I shouldn't have done this. very bad decision)
  3. 2 cards of my own, both 1.5 years, total credit line 2,500, accumulated 1,800 debt on them for almost a year. had very high balance several times
  4. au on my roommate's 5 cards, oldest one 2.5 years. total credit line about 10,000. which make my total CL showed up in the report to be 12500. He use his cards frequently and always with high balance, though he pay back in time before any interest incurs. Last time I checked my revolving debt to credit ratio was about 35%.

What do you think is the best I can do?

I have some money now, and I plan to pay off all my debt before I apply for the loan. I think the au part is tricky. It keeps my score acceptable now but I think with his spending style I will in the end be harmmed by this. I can ask my roomate to remove my name from his cards. Do you think I need to dispute on this eventually?

I will let you know what happens in the future.

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.