Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit union - CRA matching question

tag
Alexander251
New Contributor

credit union - CRA matching question

Hi folks

does anyone know which credit unions in southern califonia do NOT use Experian as their CRA source for loans?. my Experian is maxed out with inquiries but TU and EQ are as fresh as roses. my score is in the 700's with the last two. I'd like to apply for some high limit CC's.

also. can a california resident become member of credit unions on the east coast?

thanks

EX 733 (Lender Pulled)
TU 745 (Lender Pulled)
EQ 738 (Lender pulled)

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
HoldingOntoHope
Valued Contributor

Re: credit union - CRA matching question

I'm in CA and most of the banks and CU's seem to use EQ for me. I can't help with any particular suggestions as my main CU is Navy Federal and their membership criteria is strict and limited. For an idea of what CU's pull what bureaus you may want to look at whogavemecreddit.com.

As to credit unions with membership availability nationwide there are a number of them discussed in threads here including Alliant ,DCU and NASA. A quick Google search will give you credit union databases that list membership requirements. A lot of them have special charitable organizations you can join and gain membership eligibility.

Best financial advice I ever got: "Just imagine what an adult would do and do that."

Starting Score: 500's
Current Score: EQ 701 (FICO) TU 721 (FICO) EX 715 (Quizzle)
Goal Score: 760 ALL

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 3
Alexander251
New Contributor

Re: credit union - CRA matching question

Thank you very much for the info...

I called several so far and they mostly use Experian.

priority one uses EXP

first ent CU uses Exp

LAFCU uses EQ and Tu so Im gonna give them a try. they seem easy to deal with .

EX 733 (Lender Pulled)
TU 745 (Lender Pulled)
EQ 738 (Lender pulled)

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.